The Conch shell and Nautilus Shell molds were used with a standard coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil & lard soap recipe, then after curing was done, lightly brushed with a pearlizing dust to make them shimmer silvery white in the sunlight. The scent used is a discontinued one from WholesaleSuppliesPlus that I loved – Beachcomber. I was devastated when it disappeared from their selections list.
Today, I tried a practice shot or three with scene props, lighting, and perspective changes for the soaps, lotion and got three fairly decent pictures as a result. With any luck at all, my products will look more presentable and will be pretty enough to find a new home.
I also did a second try at getting the shampoo to take the pink grapefruit fragrance and not turn into water. I used a thickener and kept the amount lighter than yesterday’s effort, which resulted in grapefruit scented tapioca. Urg! I heated up the base first, separated out a portion to be thickened, added the fo to the bottle, added the unscented tepid base to the thickened portion of base and combined thoroughly, then poured it all into the bottle with the fo. This been stirs and shaken up a bit to blend it all together. So far, it hasn’t turned runny again. Fingers crossed…..it’ll be nice and shampooey thick tomorrow.