Fragranced with Oatmeal, Milk & Honey fragrance oil, built around 5 oils & other rich emollients, enhanced with colloidal oatmeal, coconut milk, goat’s milk, buttermilk, and interwoven with a touch of luxury from a generous helping of Tussah silk.
Since the fragrance is Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, the honeybees were something to play on that note in the fragrance just a bit, bringing it to mind instead of the oatmeal. The oatmeal note is most often the thing that’s emphasized in this particular fragrance, but leave it to me to want to be different. So I went with the honey instead. There are two other colours in this batch as you can see from the image below. The base is white, but there’s also a bit of what looks like orange ( but the colour I added was Lemon Drop mica!) and a bit of green. The green is supposed to bring to mind the stems of the little flower buds the bees are hovering around in, seeking out the pollen to take back to their hive to create the yummy honey we humans love to steal. Winnie the Pooh isn’t the only one who loves to sneak away with the honey!
Olive, Almond & Avocado oils, great for older or dry skin, are included in higher amounts than the others, but there is some coconut to give plenty of bubbles, and those bubbles will get a boost from the coconut milk that’s adding in a bit of its natural sugars. The fat in the coconut milk adds in creaminess that translates to a rich, creamy lather while the silk gives just enough of a rich, silky feel, coupled with the clay to cleanse to leave you feeling soft, clean, and silky.
I love the scent – it has a touch of nostalgia for me – like something from a long lost memory tickling the edges of my mind. A happy memory that brought smiles when it was new.
This will create possibly about 16 bars, and all will be ready around November 18th. These will be listed on the web site after they’ve been cut and begun to cure, so look for them on the web site in a few days. 🙂
It firmed up very quickly, almost too firm for my poor cutter, but it was done, no broken strings. The flowers that appear orange in the wet picture above, meant to be yellow, cured out to their intended colour – yellow, so that was a relief to see today, Here’s the Honeybee cut views: